Summer Orzo Salad



We returned from our 2 week Scandinavia trip on Saturday. It is so hot in NYC!

I only have a few groceries around that we collected in a jet-lagged stupor this weekend. Today I found myself without much to choose from at lunch time. That's how I came up with this delicious orzo salad - from the few fresh things I had around (cut pineapple, baby cucumbers, campari tomatoes) I was able to concoct something cool and refreshing.

After waiting a couple hours, I just finished a bowl right now. This salad is pretty tasty. The pineapple really makes it feel like summer!

Summer Orzo Salad
4-6 servings


2 C cooked orzo pasta, (cooled and mixed with a drizzle of olive oil to keep it slippery)
1/2 C black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 C tomato, diced
1/2 C cucumber, sliced
1/2 C pineapple, diced
1/4 tsp dried cilantro (2 T fresh)
1 T fresh mint, chopped


Dressing:
1/4 C olive oil
1 T red wine vinegar
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp honey
salt & pepper


Combine pasta, beans, and vegetables. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients together, with a pinch of salt and pepper. Adjust to taste if needed. Stir the dressing into the pasta and add the cilantro and mint. Add salt and pepper if needed, to taste. Chill 1 hour or overnight.

Comments

Trending Posts