Spring Fever

Juicy Cantaloup season is starting
There hasn't really been any blog-worthy material in my world lately. I also feel a bit lazy about this thing, the past few weeks. I finally achieved organizing the recipe index (see new tab above), which took quite some time, and then I kind of just took a break. Spring is fully here, and I don't care to spend it in the kitchen. I pretty much chop some fruit to bring to work, and that's about it.

Fort Greene Park, all leafy and springy
I've been itching to go out lately, whether to be social, try new food, or just enjoy the warmer weather. There are so many places in NYC to explore, and I feel like there's never enough time to get to everything. My most notable discoveries in recent weeks were Stuzzicheria (trendy Tribeca Italian fit for a date), the Chef Samir Truck (hearty, healthy midtown lunch), and Toloache (flavor-bursting creative tacos).

Doesn't it just look so nice and fun out there? Let's get outside.
Aside from exploring, I'm also gearing up for some major travel later this month. We're still firming up plans for a trip through Dubai and 3 cities in India, so my brain is a bit pre-occupied. I'm trying to drop a few pounds before donning a sari, and also collect any new clothing items I will need for 110 degree temps where you're not encouraged to show much leg. Both are coming along ok, but have taken priority over other personal projects.

Maybe this week I will get the creative-kitchen bug back, while my husband is away at work in Detroit. Maybe not. If I do, you'll be the first to know, right here!




Comments

Trending Posts