After Work Snack: Warm Guava Dip


I came home to relax after work today, but ended up in a cleaning frenzy. When the bathroom and wood floors were within acceptable form, the only thing left to do was reward myself with a snack. And then it was, that I had a snack epiphany.


Guava paste layered with cream cheese is a favorite snack I learned from my friend Mike, who learned it from a Cuban girl in Miami. I can never find the right crackers here, so we've been substituting with Trader Joe's Pita Bite Crackers. Unfortunately, the bag of crackers was beat to pieces. How the heck was I to spread cream cheese and cubes of sticky guava paste to little tiny cracker orphans? Divine inspiration hit me. Mash the toppings together to make a gooey dip that would stick to cracker shards!


After microwaving the guava and cheese to get it more workable, the dip looks a little like spicy tuna sushi. Yet, it's so creamy and sweet. I bet you could chill it and spread it on a bagel! I'm trying so hard not to eat it all before my husband comes home, because he's really going to like this one.

Warm Guava Dip

1. Place equal amounts of Guava Paste and cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl. 

2. Microwave for 15 seconds on high, or more for larger amounts. The cream cheese should be heated, but not melted. 

3. Mash together with a fork.

Comments

Trending Posts