Basil BBQ Seitan, Baco-Sprouts & Grana Padano Potatoes

 Brussels Sprouts with Fakin' Bacon, Grana Padano Roast Potatoes and Basil BBQ Seitan

In honor of the 4th of July, I decided to experiment with some barbecue sauce. It may not be one of the prettier meals, and my photo skills deteriorated this week, but the saucy seitan creation was actually very good. I also took an idea from my friend Marisa, and cooked up some brussels sprouts with fakin' bacon - although I followed a recipe from Emeril. I am also getting acquainted with Grana Padano cheese this weekend, so I found a recipe combining it with potatoes. I was watching David Rocco's Dolce Vita on the Cooking Channel, and I want to make his Grana Padano Ice Cream. Later, Drink Up came on and my husband got inspired to make an awesome cocktail from cucumbers and cilantro.

Vodka + cucumber + lemon + cilantro + simple syrup = very refreshing + very quickly buzzed.

Basil BBQ Seitan
Olive Oil
1 pkg Westsoy Seitan Traditional Flavor
1 Tomato, chopped
Garlic powder, Salt, Pepper, Crushed Red Pepper flakes
1/2C Original Flavor Barbecue Sauce, such as KC Masterpiece brand
1/4 C Shelled Edamame (soybeans)
1T Basil, chopped, plus chiffonade for garnish

1. Heat skillet with a dash of oil over medium heat. Add seitan and tomato, cooking for a few minutes.
2. Season with garlic, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Add BBQ sauce and bring to a simmer. 
3. Add edamame and cover. Simmer 5 minutes and stir in basil. 
4. Serve garnished with basil.

Emeril's Bacon Brussels Sprouts recipe (substitute with Morning Star Farms veggie bacon)

Grana Padano Potatoes recipe





Comments

Trending Posts