Fast Chicken Rotelle Soup


I don't know which stupid thing I did today was the worst. Maybe it was the two cups of coffee that I knew would hurt my stomach. Maybe it was the heels that were too high to walk in, when I know they'll hurt my feet. Maybe the mango lassi that I drank when given to me, despite my intolerance for yogurt. Maybe eating too much Indian food at the party. Whatever it was left me curled up in a corner. When we finally got home tonight I made myself a simple chicken soup to make up for all the junk.

Fast Chicken Rotelle Soup
1 Chicken Breast, cubed
4 C Low Sodium Chicken Stock
1/2 C Onion, chopped
1 large clove Garlic, chopped
2 Carrots, sliced
1 C Swiss Chard, chopped
Salt, Pepper, and Seasoning Salt (or poultry seasoning)
1-1/2 C Tricolor Rotelle or other short or curly pasta
1 C water (optional)
Grated Parmesan cheese

1. Heat stock in a saucepan. Frozen chicken breast can be thawed in the boiling stock in about 10 minutes, and removed to cut and then boiled an additional 5-10 minutes. Boil raw cut chicken about 10 minutes.
2. Add onions, garlic and carrots. Boil another 5 minutes,stir in the swiss chard and season with salt, pepper and seasoning salt.
3. When chicken is cooked through, add pasta and boil gently according to directions (10-12 minutes).
4. Add remaining water and adjust salt if necessary.
5. Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.

Comments

Trending Posts