Lazy Summer Shrimp


I was all set to make a vegetarian meal tonight, but the husband left to go hang out with the boys. That's fine, although the dinner I planned will be put off until tomorrow. So what can I make? I feel lazy. Luckily I always keep some form of shrimp in the freezer. They're so easy to thaw under running water, and they go with everything. I had a yellow zucchini and some on-the-verge of rotting campari tomatoes, so I tossed everything in the skillet with garlic and called it a night. I baked a whole wheat roll, also from the freezer, and topped it with cheddar so I wouldn't feel too bored with it. Mmmmmmm.

Lazy Shrimp Saute
(the quantities don't matter here, way too lazy to measure I just used what I had and hoped for the best)
Saute sliced garlic in olive oil over med-low heat. Add chopped zucchini, cover for about 5-10 minutes until it loses it's opacity. Add quartered campari or cherry tomatoes. Salt & Pepper. Turn up the heat a little and when tomatoes are heated through, add pre-cooked shrimp. Stir together until all heated through. Serve with a little crushed red pepper.

Comments

Trending Posts