Edamame Salad


Last night I returned from the gym with enough energy to make a simple dinner. Naturally after a hard workout, I wanted something healthy and high protein. I grilled a small strip steak and reheated some leftover whole grains with pecans. But you can't just dig into a plate of brown food, even if it's a steak. You really need some color on the plate to feel satiated. So I found some shelled edamame in the freezer, chopped some cherry tomatoes and onion, and whisked the same simple vinaigrette I tend to make for everything. I started keeping shelled edamame in the freezer about a year ago, when I started weight-lifting. They're high in protein, and just really really good for you. It's so easy to throw them in a salad, rice or pasta to add protein. I made this simple summer meal and cold salad in under 15 minutes.

Edamame Salad
-shelled edamame, frozen
-cherry tomatoes, quartered
-thin strips of onion
-chopped cilantro
-white wine vinegar
-olive oil
-dijon mustard
-salt, pepper

Bring edamame and water to a boil. Add onions. Boil 4 minutes. Drain and run under cold water. Add to chopped tomatoes. Whisk together the dressing, and stir into salad. Season with salt, pepper, cilantro.

Comments

Trending Posts